g – distance from floor to lower driver h - distance from floor to upper driver j – listening point height, k – room height
1. Insert all necessary parameters into corresponding areas in diagrams on the left
2. The program will automatically calculate location of areas of first reflections in corresponding diagrams on the right.
3. Manipulating the intensity of early reflections allows to improve the quality of sound stage, and make AS sounding more detailed and vivid.
4. The most important are those early reflections off the sidewalls and the ceiling between the listening zone and AS. Furthermore, reflections off rear wall can affect sound quality if the listening zone is situated too close.
5. Due to each definite case, it’s recommended to place sound-absorbing or sound-dispersing constructions at places with areas of first reflections. Acoustic treatment for areas of first reflections must be suitable for frequency range, where acoustic distortions are observed the most often. Line sizes of applied acoustic treating should be 500-600 mm bigger than areas of first reflections. It’s recommended to agree each definite type of acoustic treating with acoustic engineer.